September 2006 - Jonathan Kidney and his cannon
From Volume 9, p. 272:
It was said that when the Old Artillery Company was formed, soon after peace was restored, the state having no field pieces to supply them with, a suggestion was made by someone who had been in Mr. Van Rensselaer's service that there was probably one or more iron cannon amoung the rubbish in his old storehouse, and search having been made, two iron four pounders were found in the cellar and taken out. They were fetted up and used until the state replaced them with brass field pieces. It was one of those guns which became famous in the hands of JONATHAN KIDNEY [Johannes, Johannes, John/Jan], and was loing used for firing salutes from Robinson's Hill on all suitable occasions. He called it the "Clinton" in honor of George Clinton. It was drawn up on Green Street in 1788 to be discharged upon the Federal procession.
Note: The Albany, NY 4th of July celebration involved a "Federal procession" that was a parade of people in support of adopting the newly written Constitution. JONATHAN KIDNEY was against the Constitution, supporting keeping power with the states rather that the Federal government, a political movement known as the antifederalists. He hauled the cannon onto Green Street in order to disrupt the procession. They quickly changed the parade route and JONATHAN's cannon never got to have its confrontation. Although George Clinton was an antifederalist, he led the Federal procession through Albany as Governor of New York.
From Volume 10, p. 180:
1 Jan 1829 - The new governor, Martin Van Buren, and lieutenant governor, Enos T. Throop, were sworn into office. A salute of 33 guns one for each thousand majority, was fired by JONATHAN KIDNEY's old field peice on Clinton (Robinson's) Hill.